Look for Tommy Tucker Memorabilia:Barnes & Noble | Amazon.com | eBay.com
Tommy Tucker from the Chronology
Mar 29, 1899 - The Robison brothers owners of the Cleveland franchise gain control of the St. Louis franchise as well and redistribute players. St. Louis which finished 12th in 1898 is enhanced with Cy Young Jesse Burkett Bobby Wallace and manager-1B Patsy Tebeau. Cleveland is greatly weakened by the transfers. The new St. Louis owners change the name of Sportsman's Park to League Park. They also change the color of the team socks from brown to red. The team nickname becomes the Perfectos. The players going to Cleveland are Kid Carsey Jack Clements Lave Cross Tommy Dowd Dick Harley Bill Hill Harry Lochhead Harry Maupin Joe Quinn Jack Stivetts Willie Sudhoff Joe Sugden Sleeper Sullivan and Tommy Tucker.
Jul 15, 1897 - Washington 1B Tommy Tucker hits five singles and a double in 6 at bats in the Senators' 16-5 win over the Reds. The hits come against Red Ehret and Bill Rhines one of the first submariners.
May 15, 1894 - In the aftermath of a fierce fight between Baltimore's John McGraw and Boston's Tommy Tucker in the 3rd inning a devastating fire probably caused by a tossed cigarette starts in the RF stands at Boston's South End Grounds during the 3rd inning with Boston up 5-3. The fire destroys $70000 worth of equipment as well as the park the only truly double-decked grandstand Boston would ever have. The fire spreads to adjacent blocks and eventually destroys or severely damages 170 buildings and leaves 1900 homeless. The team moves to the Congress Street ballpark for several months before returning to the rebuilt Walpole Street Park. Boston will play one game at CSG tomorrow against Baltimore (win) and then go to Philley in switch of schedule for three games to get field ready. At the time it was thought South Ends Grounds were lost for season.
Jul 22, 1893 - Boston's Tommy Tucker ties a ML record by hitting 4 doubles including 2 in one inning in a 13-8 win over New York.