when over 40,000 fans jammed the single-decked grandstand to see the Braves defeat
St. Louis 3-1 on a spacious field that was 402' down the left-field line and 520'
to center. Those distances were shortened over the years, but the left-field fence
remained 25' high, and a 10' wall in right guarded the "Jury Box," a small bleacher
section with extremely boisterous fans. Home to the Braves until their move to Milwaukee,
the park also hosted the Red Sox' home WS games in 1915 and 1916 and their Sunday
games from 1929 to 1932, and was the scene of ML baseball's longest game, a 26-inning
tie between the Dodgers and Braves on May 1, 1920. It is now the site of Boston University's
Nickerson Field, and the seats along the right field foul line and the Gaffney Street
entrance still stand.